Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

DVD Review: KILLER EYE: HALLOWEEN HAUNT (2011)

KILLER EYE:  HALLOWEEN HAUNT
Written & Directed by: Charles Band 
Distributed by:  Full Moon Entertainment

Back in June of 2009, I did a review for a film called, THE KILLER EYE.  While I thought at the time the movie wasn't so great, compared to this "sequel", it was a masterpiece.  KILLER EYE:  HALLOWEEN HAUNT should have been so much better.  The fist film was made in 1999, so being 12 years later, this newest installment should have been full of better effects, but it looks about the same.
Here is the basic plot of the film from the Full Moon website:


When Jenna asks her four hot girlfriends to help convert an old mansion into a Halloween Haunt, they decide to party instead! Things get steamy between the girls, until they accidentally unleash the half-pint, horrible Killer Eye, a perverse party crasher from beyond. Bent on having his way, the Killer Eye will stop at nothing until he gets exactly what he wants.


Now don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into when I popped this DVD into the player.  I wasn't expecting any brilliant new horror classic in the making.  I did expect a fun film that kept me entertained (like most Full Moon films do), but this one just did not deliver that for me this time.   The premise was good, and I liked how they tied the first film into this one showing clips from the original as the group of girls settle in to watch the film. 


The film has some good qualities, but it never never brings them to full fruition.   There is a some cool and creepy scenery and images, mainly the baby doll and masks in the bedroom, but we don't see enough of these and they are not a main part of the film.  The film also takes place entirely in the house the girls are having the sleepover at. 


The acting is ok, the girls are nice to look at, and there are some funny lines (and a Gingerdead Man mask cameo!), but overall this film just didn't do anything for me.  



CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD


No comments:

Post a Comment