Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

True crime fans...check out SERIAL KILLER MAGAZINE!!

 
 I have always been a fan of true crime....from movies to books, if it is a about actually cases, I want to read about them.   I have read many books on killers such as Ed Gein and Albert Fish.  I'm not sure what is about these people that we find so interesting, but a lot of people like to read about them.  I think the popularity with serial killers comes from the fact that most people just cant fathom what they did.  They do stuff that we normally see in horror films.  What makes a person be able to do such heinous things?  These are the questions we like to answer so we look to movies and books about this subject to find out what makes these people who they are. 

 Well, if you are interested in true crime and serial killers, there is a magazine out there that you can not afford to miss.  I'm not sure how I came across this company, but they make tons of great products all dealing with serial killers.  The company is serialkillercalendar.com, and yes, they do make serial killer calendars!   They also make the wonderful Serial Killer Magazine.  

 Serial Killer Magazine is full of info and stories about every serial killer you can think of.  This is a big magazine, with regular issues at 100 pages on glossy pages with a nice card stock glossy cover.   You might think the $20 price tag is a little expensive for a magazine, but keep in mind a lot of reference work  and writing goes into each magazine.  There is also great artwork from a number of different artists.  Also, I don't know if it is like this with every issue, but the issue I read has ZERO ads in it.  You are paying for a full 100 pages of info, not ads!  This is really like more of a small book than a magazine, and is well worth the price in my opinion. 

 Each magazine brings you stories of serial killers....most of whom you have probably heard of, but also some more obscure ones you probably have never heard of.  The issue I read even had some info about serial killers from different countries, something we don't hear much about usually.  The magazines also contains rare interviews with the serial killers, letters written by serial killers, rare F.B.I. file transcripts, and even copies of some of the killers birth certificates, which is very unique.  The issue I read also had a story on how serial killers have influenced slasher films which was a very interesting read.  

Serial Killer Magazine is a must read for any true crime fan.  You can pick up your copy by visiting serialkillercalendar.com today!


CLICK HERE to visit the official website of Serialkillercalendar.com

1 comment:

  1. I have always been fascinated with serial killers and how they work inside. I have been studying them for over 10 years now and my second film Blank was all about psychopaths.

    I am getting ready to make a long running web series titled A.S.K.E. (American Serial Killer in Europe) and am currently running a campaign at Indiegogo (http://igg.me/at/aske/x/4535).

    I am looking for like minded people that are fascinated with serial killers to help support the project and get a better understanding of the mind within.

    ReplyDelete