Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Blu-ray Review: MIMESIS (2011)


MIMESIS
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment

 I didn't know much about MIMESIS until I read about it on another horror website.   The full title is MIMESIS:  NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.  I assumed this was just another bland, lame NOTLD remake, but boy was I wrong!  I guess it would have helped if I would have known the meaning of the word "Mimesis".  According to dictionary.com, Mimesis is "imitation of the real world, as by re-creating instances of human action" or "the showing of a story, as by dialogue and enactment of events".  Well, now after seeing this film, I completely understand the title.  Here is the plot synopsis from the Anchor Bay website:

What begins as a horror convention after-party for a group of fans will quickly become a genuine flesh-and-blood nightmare: Trapped inside an isolated farmhouse, they must now survive attacks by hordes of hungry zombies while desperately attempting to escape. But is this gore-soaked siege a twisted prank, an elaborate trap, or has NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD actually come to undead life? Sid Haig (THE DEVIL’S REJECTS) and Courtney Gains (CHILDREN OF THE CORN) star in this award-winning indie shocker from co-writer/director Douglas Schulze that walks the razor-sharp line between edgy homage and depraved reality...then proceeds to rip its guts out

 This was a very fun film.  The acting is just so-so, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of this film.  There is some good gore and it is fun to see NOTLD come to life again for this current group of kids.  I love how original this concept is while using NOTLD as the basis.  This definitely brings something new to the table that has not been done before with all the films that remake or pay homage to NOTLD.

MIMESIS is available now in DVD and Blu-ray.  I highly recommend this one, it was a lot of fun!


CLICK HERE to watch the red band trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD
CLICK HERE to purchase the Blu-ray

1 comment: