Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Blu-ray Review: HERE COMES THE DEVIL (2012)


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2107648/HERE COMES THE DEVIL
Written & Directed by
Distributed by Magnet Releasing

  I love foreign horror films.  There are so many great horror films out there from all over the world.  If you are not checking out foreign horror, then you are really missing out.    HERE COMES THE DEVIL is a great horror film made in Mexico. Hers is the plot of the film from the movie's official website:

  HERE COMES THE DEVIL combines modern indie filmmaking and storytelling with a hint of ‘70s-styled psychological horror that may not just be psychological. Francisco Barreiro and Laura Caro play parents Felix and Sol whose preteen son and daughter inexplicably re-appear after being lost overnight on a desolate, cave-riddled mountainside after a casual hike became every parent’s nightmare. The good luck and good fortune of their return soon changes, as the children’s behavior suggests ominous and unspeakable events the night the children were lost that continue even now. As a loving couple - and loving parents - try to care for and protect their children, the ancient and half-whispered legends around the caves and the mountain and those who have gone there before become too strange to believe...and too dangerous, no matter how insane, to ignore.

  I highly recommend this movie.  This film kept me entertained the entire run of the film.  The acting was good, especially by the actors playing the grieving parents.   One thing I loved about this film was how original it was.   There is a huge twist in the film involving the kids, and it is one I never saw coming.  I obviously can't reveal the twist here, but it is one that will really make you think.  

  While blood and gore wasn't the main focus of the film, there were a couple of instances of some very good gore.  This film is more about the story and it is a good story for sure.  Very creepy and entertaining.   My one complaint with this film was the cinematography.  It looks like a different camera was used for some scenes, resulting in two different video qualities throughout the film. Also there was an over excessive use of the "fast zoom" in this film. I don't know if there is a technical term for it or not, but it's like what they used in old spaghetti westerns and kung-fu movies.  You will know what I am talking about when you see it, and you will see it way too often in this movie.  It doesn't take away from the film as a whole, but it was a little distracting.

 Overall this is was a great film, I thought.  This is one I would recommend to any horror fan, especially those that are fans of foreign horror films.

 HERE COMES THE DEVIL will be released on DVD and Blu-ray March 18th from Magnet Releasing.  Special Features include the following:

*  Extended Nightmare Scene
*  Behind the Scenes
*  Rehearsals
*  Behind the Scenes Photo Gallery
*  AXS TV:  A Look at HERE COMES THE DEVIL
*  Commentary with Director Adrián García Bogliano


CLICK HERE to visit the official website of the film and watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to pre-order the Blu-ray
CLICK HERE to pre-order the DVD


http://www.magnetreleasing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment