Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

WORST DEATH SCENE EVER....thanks FINAL DESTINATION 5!!

I just got home from watching FINAL DESTINATION 5, and I am happy to report that the filmmakers are not running out of ideas, and don't look to anytime soon.  In one word, this movie was INTENSE!! 
I know a lot of horror fans are tired of these films, but I love 'em.  They are fun movies that even though follow the same basic story line, differ enough for each one to still entertain you.   And while some thought part 4 was a weak entry into the series, don't let that keep you from seeing this latest installment. 

I have always considered part 2 my favorite of the FD films, but I think I can say that this one might have taken the lead as my favorite.   Now we all know about the kills, and they are crazier than ever in part 5, but this film also throws some new twists and curves into the mix.  Mainly the fact that now you can save yourself by killing someone else...basically, giving up someone to death to take your place.  And the twist ending is just awesome....very well done.  I wont say to much as I don't want to give anything away, but do yourself a favor and go check this out. 

Another great thing was the 3D...I know some people hate the new 3D craze, but I love it.  It just adds a depth of realism to films that (when used correctly and in the right kind of film) can be a lot of fun.  This is a great film for 3D and takes advantage of it in every way. 

Any horror film that effects me after I leave the theater I know has done a good job. And this one did just that....I drove home extra slow and was extra cautious about everything around me. You never know when an accident could strike!

Also...last thing...if you are a gymnast...DO NOT SEE THIS FILM.   You will never get on another pair of parallel bars again.   This was one of, if not THE worst death scene I have ever seen.  I am still cringing from that one....in fact, I think I pulled a muscle in my back from when I tensed up seeing that scene.  Maybe I should go to the spa for some acupuncture to help my back.....wait...no, scratch that, bad idea.  I think I will just sit in the middle of my room with the door shut and windows locked....with a mattress over my head.   



CLICK HERE to watch the trailer

2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome movie. As someone who hates bridges, I found the opening scene really creepy. And the ending to this movie was unique. Definitely worth going to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashleynicole2283@gmail.comSeptember 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM

    hahaha this sounds awesome! thanks for all the reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete