Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

DVD Review: GINGERDEAD MAN 3: SATURDAY NIGHT CLEAVER (2011)

  
GINGERDEAD MAN 3
Directed by: William Butler & Silvia St. Croix
Distributed by: Full Moon Direct
 
Let me start by saying that I have not seen any of the previous GINGERDEAD MAN films, so I wasn't sure if I would be totally lost when watching GM3, but rest assured it didn't matter. Sure, I might not know why this particular baked good is on a killing rampage, I missed his back story I'm sure,  but that really doesn't matter. All you need to know is that this is not your ordinary gingerbread man and he likes to kill people. There, that is all the back story you need, now you can sit back and enjoy GINGERDEAD MAN 3: SATURDAY NIGHT CLEAVER!
Here is the basic plot (from the back of the DVD cover):
 

After cleverly escaping the maximum security Research institute of Homicidal Baked Goods, the Gingerdead Man stumbles upon a time machine and finds himself
sent back in time as he slaughters the contestants of a 1970's Roller Boogie contest. The only hope for survival is when a young girl blessed with the gift of
telekinesis makes the scene.

  
First off, you have to know what you are getting into when you put in a film called GINGERDEAD MAN 3: SATURDAY NIGHT CLEAVER! HA! Don't expect the best horror movie you've ever seen and don't expect Mr. Gingerdead Man to be walking the carpet at next years Oscar awards. What you do get with this film, though, is a fun, entertaining, hour and however long this movie is...and that is what I expect when I put in a movie. GM3 did not disappoint in that aspect. This film is a lot of fun.
  
I knew I would like this movie from the very beginning. It starts off with a hilarious spoof of the film, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. In this film, FBI agent Clarice Darling goes to talk to the infamous Gingerdead Man, but first must walk the hallway with homicidal baked goods locked up on both sides, including a loaf of french bread and a nasty little cream puff that says something very rude to her (as much as I want to tell you what he says, I don't want to ruin the joke for you!!).

This was just one of the many movie parodies throughout this film, there is also a hilarious spoof on the PORKY'S bathroom scene and spoof on the Stephen King flick, CARRIE.
 
Aside from the comedic aspect of the film, there was plenty of horror as well, including a great scene where some roller girls are having a car wash outside the Roller Rink to raise money, and our friend the Gingerdead Man hooks the water hoses to vats of Sulfuric Acid...needless to say when the girls start wetting each other down, things turn from sexy to downright disgusting in a matter of seconds, as the girls flesh begins to be eaten off the bone!!
 
Overall, this is a winner for me when it comes to Full Moon movies......I enjoyed this one as much as I have enjoyed any of the other film Full Moon has released recently. I recommend you check this one out if you can just set aside some time for just a fun movie, you'll get a good laugh out of it at yeast, I mean least!! HA!!

CLICK HERE to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment