Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy Super Bowl Sunday and the lack of sports related horror films...


 Super Bowl Sunday is finally here!  This is one of the few nights a year I won't be watching a horror related TV show or movie on the big screen!  Being the biggest football game of the year, it made me start wondering if there were any sports related horror movies out there.  I honestly couldn't come up with any off the top of my head. 
  With as many horror movies as there are, it seems like there is bound to be a sports related one, right?  Actually, as I am writing this, one just popped into my head!  I reviewed a baseball themed movie a while back called DEADBALL.  You can see that review here.  This same director also did another baseball themed film called BATTLEFIELD BASEBALL.  So, there have been a couple of Japanese baseball related horror films, but there has go to be more, right? 
  I googled sports related horror movies and came up with this cool list from Sportsgrid.com.  It is a list of the Top 8 Sports Related Death scenes in film.  Some of these are from horror films, some are from other, non horror films.

CLICK HERE to see the sportsgrid.com's Top 8 Sports Related Death Scenes List

  It seems as though there just aren't too many sports related horror films.   The only other one I can think of is Kerry Beyer's SPIRT CAMP, which has to do with a cheerleading squad, which is somewhat sports related.

  On a final note, I did find this movie while searching on the Upcoming Horror Movies website.  It's a movie called PLAY DEAD about a zombie football team!   Here is the actual plot description from the UHM website:
Set in a small football-obsessed town, where after a winning high school football team is murdered by a rival team, the coach looks to a local witch to bring the dead players back to life in hopes of making it in time for the big game.

Ha!  That sounds like a lot of fun.  PLAY DEAD is listed as "In Development", so it might not be out for a while. 

Can you think of any more sports related horror movies?  Especially any that focus on the main sports of Football, Basketball, or Baseball?   Leave a comment below and let us know!

Well, enjoy the Super Bowl tonight and GO BRONCOS!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment