Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rob Zombie to remake THE BLOB!

I'm not sure what to think of this news, but it is being reported that Rob Zombie (HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES, THE DEVIL'S REJECTS) is going to remake the 1958 classic Steve McQueen film THE BLOB. I guess this will actually be a threemake (did I just invent a new word?), since the film was remade already once back in 1998 and starred Kevin Dillon. The story is simple...an alien life form comes to earth and devours everything in its path, growing bigger and bigger.
What do you think about this news? I kinda wish Rob Zombie would go back to some more original projects, but I love all his movies, so I'm sure this will be good to. It will be interesting to see how he puts his spin on the story. And since it will be R rated, I'm sure he is going to up the gore factor quite a bit.

Check out the full article on FirstShowing.net HERE

And, just for fun, check out these BLOB trailers:

Click HERE to watch the trailer for the original 1958 version of THE BLOB
Click HERE to watch the trailer for the 1988 remake of THE BLOB

No comments:

Post a Comment