Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Top 100 horror movies of all time?? I'm not so sure about this list...

I have really been enjoying finding other horror blogs lately, there are some really great ones out there. One of the better ones I have found was the BASEMENT OF GHOULISH DECADENCE. Pretty cool name and a really cool site. The latest post is the blog authors list of this TOP 100 HORROR FILMS OF ALL TIME. Take a look at the list and let me know what you think. I personally would have put THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE at #1, but he puts it at #2, so close enough. I have to wonder about his placing of THE EVIL DEAD (#46) and THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (#85). Both of those films would be in my top 10 for sure!

Check out the BASEMENT OF GHOULISH DECADENCE's list of THE TOP 100 HORROR MOVIES OF ALL TIME HERE.

Let me know what would be in your top 5 or 10 horror films of all time.....

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you wouldn't have liked Arrow in the Head's Top Ten Overrated Horror Movies then. They had TCM as number one. Of course, the comments left weren't too pretty.

    I caught that list, too. I thought it was a very good list, except I definitely would have put Day of the Dead higher than 96, but to each his own. If I had to choose my top 5, I'd go with (in no real order): Day of the Dead (1985), The Shining (1980), Nosferatu (1922), Alien (1979), and The Thing (1982). But I'm sure if asked tomorrow, it'd already be different. I could never narrow down a 100 movie list, or put it in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayes - I agree with having Evil Dead and ROTLD in my top 10 with Evil Dead in my top 5.

    ReplyDelete