Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Blu-ray Review: WRONG TURN 5: BLOODLINES (2012)

  
WRONG TURN 5:  BLOODLINES
Directed by  Declan O'Brien
Distributed by  Fox Home Entertainment

 I have to start by admitting I have never seen any of the WRONG TURN sequels.  I saw the first WRONG TURN and absolutely loved it!  I thought it was a fun premise and had some great effects in terms of the kills.  I always meant to watch WRONG TURN 2, but just never got around to it yet.  Then, part 3 came out,  and before I knew it, there was a part 4, and now we have WRONG TURN 5:  BLOODLINES!   The good news is you do not have to see the other films to enjoy this one.  I think these films are starting to be like the FINAL DESTINATION films, where there ares some basic key elements that continue from film to film, but basically each film is a stand-alone film.
Here is the basic plot of WRONG TURN 5 from the film's imdb page:

 A small West Virginia town is hosting the legendary Mountain Man Festival on Halloween, where throngs of costumed party goers gather for a wild night of music and mischief. But an inbred family of hillbilly cannibals kill the fun when they trick and treat themselves to a group of visiting college students.
 
 This was a very fun film and is worthy of your time (and $$).  While the gore is great (and I will discuss that more in a bit), the highlight of this film for me was the presence of veteran horror actor Doug Bradley.  You know him best as Pinhead from the HELLRAISER films.  That is really all I had ever seen him in, but hopefully he will do more stuff now that he is done playing the Pinhead character.   Bradley is a very good actor and was very fun to watch in this film.  He plays the lead villain, and is sort of the Father figure to the group of backwoods, inbred hillbillies that terrorize the group of visiting college kids. He has some great lines and delivers them wonderfully.  I couldn't help but smile when he referred to someone in the film as a "Pinhead"! Ha!

  The film almost plays out like one of the FINAL DESTINATION films, where the focus is on killing off each character in very bizarre and gruesome ways.   Like I mentioned before, the gore is incredible in this film and the kills are great, including a crazy scene involving a farm tractor...you see this eluded to in the trailer.

  WRONG TURN 5 was a lot of fun, and it makes me want to go back and check out all the other entries in this series.  The film is available now on DVD and Blu-ray and contains the following special features:

 *  A Day in the Death
 *  Hillbilly Kills
 *  Director's Die-aries
 *  Audio Commentary by Declan O'Brien

 
CLICK HERE  to watch the trailer
CLICK HERE to purchase the DVD or Blu-ray

No comments:

Post a Comment