Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Rob Zombie announces his newest project: LORDS OF SALEM


Deadline.com broke the news earlier this week that director Rob Zombie is shelving his planned remake of THE BLOB in order to focus on a new, original film. The film will be called LORDS OF SALEM and will be set in contemporary Salem, where the inhabitants receive a demonic visit from a 300-year old coven of witches! Sounds pretty cool, and with Rob Zombie behind it, I am definitely looking forward to this.

Thanks to my friends Scott and Phillip for bringing this breaking news to my attention!

What do you think? Are you looking forward to this new project from Rob Zombie? Or..would you have rather seen his remake of THE BLOB?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of The Blob, but I CAN'T WAIT to see what Mr. Zombie (ha...I love that title) has in store for us with Lords of Salem. Remakes are fine to an extent, but you can't compete with originality, especially when it's coming from the warped mind of Rob Zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be a blessing or a curse he's doing something original. He's fine at directing. I just hope he doesns't pull an M. Knight and think he can do it all. Sometimes, a really good writing team makes a huge difference. That said, the concept sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let me guess, starring Sid Haig, Sherri moon Zombie, Bill mosely, William forsythe, and Danny trejo LOL. ok if not one of those people are in it i may go see it?, But knowing Rob Zombie every other word in the script will be shit and fuck? IM GLAD HES NOT DOING A REMAKE KUDOS FOR THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's better that he's staying away from The Blob. There's already a few of them anyway.

    ReplyDelete