Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Movie Review: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

Did you know that you can forget to breathe? I didn't either until viewing PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. At one point I started feeling weird and realized I hadn't taken a breath in a while. I took a deep breath and felt much better. A scene was so intense, I actually forgot to breathe for a few seconds....awesome!! I have heard mixed reviews on this film. Some people love it, some hate it. I don't understand how you could hate this movie. I thought it was great from start to finish. For those that don't know the plot, it is very simple. A couple, Katie and Micah, moves into a house and start hearing noises and noticing things being moved around. Micah brings home a video camera one day and sets it up at night to try to get a glimpse of anything out of the ordinary. That's it pretty simple! But what he records on his camera is not so simple to understand or justify. I love how the movie starts out with something simple like a door moving a little bit back and forth, and then each night gets more and more complicated, with crazy sounds, shadows caught on camera, and then eventually, the crazy final night (which I wont reveal here in case some have not seen it yet).
I thought this movie was really well made, esp. since the budget is rumored to be only $11,000 dollars. That is $11 THOUSAND dollars...unheard of for a theatrical release in today's times. Also...a lot of people are comparing this to THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT from about 10 years ago...don't worry, it is not a total letdown like TBWP was. This movie is great and actually lives up to it's hype. If you haven't seen it yet, please, do yourself a favor and go see this movie right now! And remember, don't forget to breathe!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, everybody is raving about this movie. And everyones reaction is similar to yours. Hope I get to see it somehow...but sounds like Ill have to wait for it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete